Monday, June 21, 2010

Starting a new blog

I can't seem to get enough of blogging these days, so I started a second one: http://bigislandanniversary.blogspot.com/ to plan our 10th Anniversary trip. Hopefully this will morph into a travel blog of some sort.

I was inspired to do this by Charlie's co-worker Tiffany, who started a blog to plan a big event trip. I was thinking it was a good way for me to visually share travel ideas with Charlie, who often listens patiently as I ramble on from the guide book, and then says "what do you mean?"
My communications prof said to communicate verbally with visual people you need to use words that imply sight, like "My view is this," "The way they see it is this," but I'm so auditor-illy inclined that I immediately start resorting back to "I hear you," "What you are saying is this."

So pictures are the new plan, because I want this trip to be awesome for both of us. I'll record all the things "I hear" about doing on the island here, so Charlie can "see" them and tell me what he thinks. And since you all can too, send us your advice!! Because it is a big island and we want to enjoy all of it.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment