Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Simple Italian Pasta Dishes

I can't seem to photograph pasta that well, but I bought some fresh pasta the other day and enjoyed it with two sauces inspired from my old obsession with Italy.

This is one Frances Mayes ate often after working in her yard all day in Under the Tuscan Sun, well sort of, hers was Arugula, Pancetta, and Cream - mine is Arugula, "bacon", and half and half, but still quite tasty and way lower in calories. I added some green garlic, shallot, white wine, lots of black pepper and parmesan for good measure.
 

I made the other half of the pasta on a different night and the photo was terrible, but it's anchovy and garlic. So good. You just add garlic to a can of anchovy (with oil) and then toss with the cooked pasta. If i had parsley, that would have gone in there too.

In the Frances Mayes tradition, Charlie and I have enjoyed these after long days of gardening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment