Friday, January 15, 2010

Kushibar - Restaurant Review or Nostalgia?

Charlie is having what could be his first big deal publishing meeting, so I'm hanging out in Belltown working on my blog before we carpool home together. I found Kushibar by the "Free WiFi" sign alongside some good looking pictures of fish. And I must say their "seafood set" is amazing. It's these skewers of sushi grade fish, lightly grilled, including chunks of albacore, salmon, scallops, unagi, and spot prawn. Plus they serve it with some amazing cabbage, which I can only describe as cooked coleslaw, but still it is amazingly delicious. And ok yes, as a recovering meat eater who still eats fish - I am in heaven with the animal protein, especially since I just lifted weights. Yippee. But the nostalgia. Wow this place is like a modern northwest lodge, au naturel wood tables with concrete walls, and they give you popcorn flavored with five spice to munch on, and the bathroom is decorated with the Bone comic. And I am nostalgic because after we came back from Malaysia charlie used to make me scrambled eggs with five spice, inspired by the tea eggs we enjoyed there, and when we first met, Charlie read me the entire Bone comics series and it was delightful. Oh yeah, and we spent our wedding weekend in a northwest lodge with wood tables like this. I hope his meeting is going well. All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment