Saturday, January 30, 2010

Arugala Tomato Pasta

 Quick, easy and satisfying! This is a great way to eat the mature arugala (pictured) that isn't as good in salad. What do I mean by mature arugala you might ask? I mean larger leaves that are still excellent, but don't have quite the same crisp peppery pizzazz as their younger counterparts. Oh god, am I describing myself in my 30s?

Arugala Tomato Pasta
Serves 2

4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
half bunch mature arugala
2 tomatoes (I used Roma, but it doesn't matter)
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil (this is a recipe where more is even better, but I'm trying to watch calories a bit)
2 cloves garlic
dash of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
Dusting of Parmesan and Pine nuts (optional)

Set pasta water to boil. Saute chopped garlic in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on medium low, add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add chopped tomato, followed by rinsed and chopped arugala (you want it to be ever so slightly wet). When pasta is finished, drain it and add it to the saute pan to mix. Separate into two bowls, then top with Parmesan, pine nuts, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil per bowl. Correct with additional salt and pepper if you like. Buon Apetito!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment