Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sustainability Hero - Morgan Keuler!

 

Morgan totally brought his own compost bin to the cabin this weekend so he could keep up his green lifestyle while traveling. Wow! He also told me that he is opting to buy local beer instead of his usual favorite Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. PLUS he and his wife Jill gave out awesome canvas bags as their wedding favor. Kudos Morgan!

When I think about my own life, I realize these are three big areas in which I am not doing so well as a green girl. I totally need some composting help, which I just got in the mail from my refuse provider so i have no excuse. Sure, drinking local sounds like a low hanging fruit when you live in microbrewed wine country - but actually, when I look at my labels, most of what I drink is shipped up from California. And bags - whoa. BIG problem for me. I use the bag i got at the wedding for my library back and forth, but I never ever seem to remember to bring grocery bags to the store - stay tuned for more on this.

3 comments:

  1. I was testing out ecological footprint calculators today for the course I'm writing and found that even though I thought I was doing pretty well, it would still take 2.2 Earths to support the human population if everyone behaved like me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron - I take 3 planets. I was really surprised. Living in a house is bad.

    ReplyDelete