Friday, February 12, 2010

Favorite Products

Some pictures of stuff I'm always using, just for reference. This is smoked paprika, I used to pay a lot for it at the Spanish Table (left) and now have found a cheaper source (right) at Costco. Note that the Spanish Table sells three flavors though, sweet, bittersweet and spicy, see Picante on the label? They are not kidding. I am pretty much addicted to the smoky flavor of this stuff and I put it on everything.  
Spike is sold as a low-sodium salt substitute, it's main ingredient is nutritional yeast. I find that what it is really good for is creating depth, umami for lack of a better term. It's especially good in scrambled tofu, but handy in anything that is just missing something.
 
Bacon salt is pretty funny to me. I haven't quite figured out how to use it, but it's vegetarian, kosher, and tasty. It was good on top of a soup that i used to put bacon in or on the tomatoes for a Fake BLT.
 
Chipotle tabasco, like smoked paprika, i can't get enough of this. Awesome on eggs, chili, quesadillas, anything.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment