Friday, February 19, 2010

Slow Cooked Kidney Beans - 4 Ways

I randomly decided to slow cook some kidney beans the other day, but had no real plan when I turned on the slow cooker. Thinking vaguely of veggie chili. But when I went to add more to the beans, I realized I had started a whole pound of them. Way too much for veggie chili. Yikes!

I ended up cooking the beans entirely then taking out half for other purposes, here's what I ended up making, all four were awesome:
 
Kidney beans sauted with crisp onions.

 
Veggie chili in the slow cooker

 
Pureed refried style kidney beans

Puree a cup of cooked beans with garlic, cumin, green salsa and a bit of olive oil.


English style baked kidney beans on toast
Serves two

1 cup kidney beans, cooked
1/2 cup Stewed Italian Recipe Tomatoes
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/3 medium Yellow Onion
1 cloves Garlic Clove

Saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes. Add mustard and puree a bit. Add the beans and heat more, then top off your toast with yummy beans! Add a fried egg for a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment