Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mango Shrimp Avocado Salad

This is a completely awesome combination. I wanted to make it a bit heartier since I am in one dish meal mode this year, so I also included tomato, cucumber and arugala. We really enjoyed this, but Charlie said he would skip the cucumber next time. I used arugala because I had it, but you could use other lettuce or just stick with the core ingredients of mango, shrimp and avocado.

Mango Shrimp Avocado Salad
Serves 2
 
1 mango
22 precooked shrimp with tails off
1 avocado
1 roma tomato
half cucumber
2 cups arugala
2 green onions

Dressing
1 sprig thai basil (optional, but very good)
juice of half a lime
0.5 tablespoon mango chili vinegar from Trader Joe's (see pic)
sprinkle of smoked paprika
salt and pepper

Note - in lieu of the mango chili vinegar, try seasoned rice vinegar and a bit of chili pepper

1 comment: