Sunday, March 6, 2011

Have I Mentioned this Pizza?

As soon as you get the chance, go to Carmelita for happy hour. The pizzas are so amazing, you will not be disappointed, nor will you be able to stop thinking about them. Ever since my first visit, I have been constantly trying to recreate them and while none of these are quite as good as theirs, we've been enjoying the results of my aspirations.

This is a Newman's Own Spinach and Cheese with the additional toppings of cremini mushrooms, pecans, roasted garlic, and wild arugula tossed with truffle oil, salt and pepper
 

The same store bought pizza again, but with some treats from the forager - porcini mushrooms and fiddlehead ferns, pecans, and green garlic slices.
 

Once it's out of the oven, I topped it again with the arugula tossed in truffle oil with salt and pepper.
 

Once, I was brave enough to make my own pizza whole wheat pizza dough. So good. This one is topped with roasted delicata squash, delicata seeds, kale, mushrooms, roasted onions, roasted garlic and a little parmesan. Love winter squash on pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment