Thursday, December 24, 2009

My POS Green Phone

Earlier this year, I purchased Motorola's first effort at a green phone. Motorola has made the claim that the "Renew" is the world's first. I must say that green phones have a looooong way to go, if they are going to ever corner the market. It's made from recycled water bottles, which is cool, but it was also billed as carbon free. At first I thought this was because of the way the phone operates itself and its method of not using much energy, which I'll get to in a second, but the truth is the phone is really carbon free because of offset point trading or some silliness.

Meanwhile I am dealing with the crappiest phone OS of all time, thinking that was just the way they had to do it to preserve the battery enough to be carbon neutral. !!!!


Here's my list of complaints about my phone:
  • No picture capability - NO JOKE. I actually had to send my friend a text last week saying, sorry my phone is rejecting your message because it can't handle pictures. Can you send the image to Charlie's phone? Also - no pictures, means no camera. Oh and PS to T-mobile, thanks for charging me the 25 cent image message fee anyway.
  • Texting is like DOS programming and not intuitive at all
  • Key locking They keys lock automatically after less than a second, so that if you are having a quick text exchange with someone, you actually have to unlock your keys before each time you text back. Even though you received a message right after sending your last text.
  • And that's it - because that is all my phone does! It mostly snoozes.

    The one and only cool thing about my phone is that Emma Pillsbury used it to update Will on what was happening at sectionals on the Glee Fall Finale. Yes, that is the Motorola Renew in her hand.
  • 1 comment: