Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Home, sweet home

We are back from a most excellent vacation (more later) and though we are mostly out of food, my garden welcomed our return with a fair number of green and yellow beans and a cup of sun gold cherry tomatoes. Eager to get back to cooking, I endeavored to make this salad I'd read about somewhere. The result was shockingly good. I seriously did not expect to be discovering my favorite new food. Granted, the dish was helped by being all picked within a few minutes of serving and the fact that sun gold cherry tomatoes are the best on Earth. But still! I can't believe what I've been missing out on!

Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Serves 2

2 Cups of green beans (or yellow or purple or a mix)
1 Cup cherry tomatoes (sun gold if you can)

Vinaigrette (this is what I used, but use your fave)
1 Tablespoon ev olive oil
1 Tablespoon white balsalmic
1 cube dorot frozen basil
1 cube dorot frozen garlic
(these are awesome trader joe finds that make life easy, you could also chop up a clove of garlic and a few basil leaves)
salt and pepper to taste

To prepare the salad, first wash and de-end the beans then blanch for 4-5 minutes in boiling water. Meanwhile chop tomotoes in half. When beans are done, run them under cold water and set them on a paper towel to dry. Toss beans with tomatoes and vinaigrette. Enjoy!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment